RTO Form 8: Application for the Addition of a New Class of Vehicle to the Driving Licence
Applicants can use RTO form 8 if they wish to add a new class of automobile to their already existing licence. It becomes useful when you want to upgrade your steering skills. Many professional drivers use this form when they gain expertise in manoeuvring commercial vehicles like trucks, buses, and road rollers after initially obtaining a licence for a two-wheeler or passenger cars. Similar to other RTO forms in the ‘Driving Licence’ category, you need to furnish the name of the issuing authority, your identity proof, select the appropriate class of vehicle, and appear for a fresh driving test to complete the application procedure successfully.
How to fill RTO Form 8 Application?
RTO form 8 remains divided into two parts. The first part includes your personal details and the selection of the correct class of vehicle, while the second part is a certificate of test for competence to drive. A representative of the issuing authority fills up the final part of this RTO form.
Write the name of the state of the Licensing Authority where you wish to apply for the licence. Below this space, enter your full name as mentioned in the identity proof attached with the form.
- Below this, select the right class of vehicle which you wish to add to your present driving licence. You will find a long list of automobiles in this category, including motorcycle with and without gear, invalid carriages, light motor vehicles, transport vehicles, and medium passenger, motor vehicles. Go through the list thoroughly before selecting the correct class of automobile.
Next, applicants need to tick the documents which they wish to enclose along with the form like a medical certificate in Form 1A, learner’s licence, previous driving licence.
Below this, candidates enter the fees paid during the submission of the form. Do not forget to mention the date and affix your signature or thumb impression in this space.
- The concluding part of RTO form 8 includes a Certificate of Test of Competence To Drive. The authorized officer of the RTO department fills up this part, so applicants need to worry about this section. The representative officer mentions the result, type of vehicle and the date of your driving test.
Finally, the officer affixes his signature, name and designation along with the official seal to validify the document.
Documents to be Attached
Here is a list of documents which you need to enclose along with the form
- A medical certificate in Form 1A
- Learner’s licence
- Driving licence
- Driving certificate
Download Application for the Addition of New Class of Vehicle to the Driving
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 8
Do not forget to enclose your existing licence with RTO form 8, as this document will help you add a new class of automobiles to your driving skills.
- Candidates should also attach the ‘Medical Certificate’ in form 1A while submitting form 8.
- Ensure you select the correct class of vehicle from the list at the beginning of the application.
- Candidates need to attach the ‘Driving Certificate’ if they want to add a transport vehicle excluding E-rickshaw or E-cart to the licence.
Finally, we can say that RTO form 8 is crucial if you want to upgrade your driving skills. It helps you in adding a new class of vehicle to your licence. Candidates appear for an additional driving for successful processing of official formalities.