RTO Form 34: Application for Making an Entry of an Agreement of Hire-Purchase or Lease or Hypothecation Subsequent to Registration
If you purchase a vehicle under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement, then you need to enter the names of the Registered Owner and the Financier in the Registration Certification. RTO Form 34 helps you to make these entries in the RC. However, you require triplication of this document if the original Registering Authority is different. The RTO office sends a copy of this application to the Financier and the Registering Authority through a registered post after making the entry in the RC.
How to fill RTO Form 34 Application?
RTO Form 34 has two parts. The first section contains details about the Registered Owner and the Financier, and the final section is an official endorsement regarding the entry of the hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement between the two parties. Detailed below is a step by step process of filling up Form 34.
Start filling RTO Form 34 by entering the name of the RTO under whose jurisdiction you wish to make the entry of the agreement at the top left-hand corner of the application.
- In the next blank mention the registration number of your automobile. Write the name of the Registered Owner in the following blank.
- Now, enter the full name and address of the Financier as mentioned in the agreement copy.
- Finally, the Registered Owner and the Financier affix their signature and date to conclude the section 1 of this application. The owner can also use his thumb impression if he is unable to sign the document.
- In the official endorsement part, the representative of the Registering Authority enters the reference number and address of the RTO. He also mentions the date on which the entry regarding the hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement got mentioned on the Registration Certificate.
- The RTO official affixes his signature and date on the Form. He even enters the name of the Financier and the Registering Authority (if it is different than the one mentioned at the beginning of Form 34.
- Finally, affix the specimen signature of the Financier in the concluding portion of the application.
Documents to be Attached
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement between the Registered Owner and the Financier
- Identity proof of the Registered Owner
Download Application for Making an Entry of an Agreement of Hire-Purchase or Lease or Hypothecation Subsequent to Registration
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 34
Write the name and address of the Financier as mentioned in hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement.
- Enter the registration number of the vehicle like Mahindra Maxximo carefully.
- Write the address of the present RTO at the beginning of the application. If the Original Registering Authority is different, then mention that at the end of the Form.
Finally, we can say that RTO Form 34 helps in entering the name of the Financier in the Certificate of Registration if the vehicle is under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement. However, you require triplication of this application if the Original Registering Authority is different.