RTO Form 33: Application for Change of Address to get Recorded in the Certificate of Registration
Sometimes vehicle owners may change their address and relocate their automobile from one site to another. If this relocation takes place within the same state, then you can submit RTO Form 33 to intimate the change of address. The Registering Authority will get the new address recorded in the Registration Certificate. You require triplication of this form if your vehicle is under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement. The RTO office sends a copy of the document to the Financier and the Registering Authority (from whose jurisdiction you have relocated the automobile) through registered post acknowledgement due condition.
How to fill RTO Form 33 Application?
RTO Form 33 has three parts. The first section includes the personal details of the applicant, the second part is a consent from the Financier regarding the change of address, and the third part is an official endorsement of this proceeding. Detailed below is a step by step process of filling up Form 33.
In the top left-hand corner of Form 33, enter the name of the Registering Authority under whose jurisdiction you wish to record the new address.
- In the next blanks, mention your name, father’s name, and the old address as mentioned in the Registration Certificate. Married Indian women can also write their husband’s name instead of the father’s name in this space.
- Now, write the vehicle number and mention whether you cease to reside at your old address, or you no longer have business at the address specified in the RC.
- In the next space, mention the date from which this change of address came into effect. After this, enter the present address of the applicant as mentioned in the proof enclosed with the form.
- If your vehicle is under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement, then declare the same along with the name and complete address of the Financing Company.
- In the concluding part of section 1, the Registered Owner of the automobile affixes his signature or thumb impression along with the date.
- The second part of form 33 consists of consent from the Financier regarding the change of the address. If the Financing Company does not approve of the change in address in the Registration Certificate, then they should mention the same with valid reasons.
- The Financier also affixes his signature and date on Form 33.
- The concluding section of the application includes an official endorsement. Here the representative of the Registering Authority enters the reference number and address of the RTO. The official also affixes his signature and date in this part along with the name of the Financier and the Registering Authority. The RTO sends this endorsement to the Financier and the Registering Authority (from whose jurisdiction the automobile got removed) through registered post.
- Finally, the Financier and the Registered Owner of the vehicle affixes their specimen signatures in the concluding blanks.
Documents to be Attached
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Identity and address proof of the registered owner
- Insurance Certificate of the vehicle
Download Application for Application for Change of Address to get Recorded in the Certificate of Registration
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 33
Mention the old address at the beginning of Form 33, and the new address in the later part of the application.
- Write the present address, as mentioned in the proof enclosed with the form.
- Mention the vehicle number and the date of relocation to the new address correctly.
Finally, we can say that if you change your address or relocate the vehicle within the state, then RTO Form 33 will help you record the new location on the Registration Certificate. However, you require consent from the Financier to carry out the proceeding if the automobile is under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement.