RTO Form 30: Report of Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle
Automobile owners require RTO Form 30 when they sell their vehicle. After you apply for the transfer the ownership of the four-wheeler to the concerned RTO, it becomes essential to report to the native RTO to conduct all formalities regarding the change of hands urgently. So, we can say that Form 30 is a confirmation of Form 29. Candidates need to apply for this document within 14 days of selling their automobile. Form 30 ensures that the new owner should take care of all legal liabilities concerning the vehicle. It also establishes that the original owner has handed over the Certificate of Registration and the Certificate of Insurance to the buyer.
How to fill RTO Form 30 Application?
RTO Form 30 has four sections. The first part contains details about the transferor, the second part includes information about the transferee, the third part is a consent from the Financier regarding the transfer of ownership, while the fourth part is an official endorsement. Detailed below is a step by step process of filling up Form 30.
Start filling up RTO Form 30 by entering the name of the Registering Authority.
- In part 1 (which is for the use of the transferor), mention the applicant’s name, father’s name, and the complete address as mentioned in the address proof enclosed with the application. Married Indian women can also write their husband’s name in this blank.
- In the next space, specify the date and the year on which you sold your vehicle.
- Now, enter the registration mark of the automobile which you sold to the transferee. After this, write the name, father’s name, and address of the buyer.
- The transferor also declares that he has submitted the Registration Certificate (RC) and the Certificate of Insurance to the buyer. He also mentions that the RC was never suspended or cancelled by the authority. The transferor even encloses the “No Objection Certificate” obtained from the Registering Authority.
- At the concluding portion of Part 1 of Form 30, the transferor affixes his signature or the thumb impression along with the date.
- Part 2 of Form 30 is for the use of the transferee. Start filling up this section by entering the name, father’s name, age, and the complete address of the buyer. Similar to the previous part, married Indian women can also write their husband’s name in this blank.
- In the next space, mention the date and year on which you have purchased the vehicle. Now, enter the registration mark of the automobile.
- Finally, write the name and full address of the seller. Conclude this section by affixing the signature or thumb impression and date of the transferee.
- If the vehicle is under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement, then the Financier expresses his consent about the transfer of ownership by affixing his signature. In the section, you also need to enter the complete name and address of the Financier along with the date.
- The final section of Form 30 consists of an official endorsement. Here the representative of the Registering Authority mentions the reference number, name of the RTO, and the date from which the transfer of ownership will come into effect. The RTO personnel also affixes his signature and date along with the name of the Financier. A copy of this document is sent through registered post to the Financier.
- The application concludes with the signature or thumb impression of the registered owner and the Financier
Documents to be Attached
- Name and address proof of the transferor
- Name and address proof of the transferee
- Age proof of the transferee
- Certificate of registration of the vehicle
- Insurance Copy
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ issued by the Registering Authority
- Certificate of Fitness of the vehicle
Download Report of Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 30
Do not get confused between the terms ‘transferor’ and ‘transferee’. A ‘transferor’ is the person who sells the automobile, while a ‘transferee’ buys the vehicle like Tata Yodha.
- The concluding part of Form 30 consists of the specimen signature or thumb impression of the registered owner and the Financier. The representative of the Registering Authority validates this document by affixing the official seal in such fashion that parts of the impression of the stamp should remain placed upon each signature.
- You require two copies of this application if your automobile is under a hire-purchase or lease or hypothecation agreement.
Finally, it would be correct to say that RTO Form 30 is a confirmation of Form 29. It helps in transferring the ownership and legal liabilities concerning the vehicle from the seller to the buyer. The document also establishes that the transferor has handed over the Registration Certificate and the Insurance Copy to the transferee.