RTO Form 29: Application for Transfer of Ownership of a Vehicle
Automobile owners can decide to sell their vehicle to others due to some unavoidable circumstances. In such a scenario, you need to transfer the ownership of your motor to the buyer. RTO Form 29 will help you through the process. It establishes that the original owner has submitted all related documents concerning the insurance, RC, and PUC to the native RTO. Candidates issue two copies of this application at the native RTO for further processing.
How to fill RTO Form 29 Application?
RTO form 29 has two parts; the first part remains concerned with the personal details about the original automobile owner and the buyer. The concluding section of the form bears an official endorsement. Detailed below is a step by step process of filling up Form 29.
Start filling up the form by entering the name of the Registering Authority in whose jurisdiction the transferee resides. In the next spaces, write your name and address as mentioned in the identity proof enclosed with the form.
- In the following black, mention the date when you have sold or delivered your automobile to the buyer. You must also enter the vehicle number, make, and chassis number in the succeeding spaces.
- If you own a battery-operated automobile, then write the engine or motor number in the next black.
- Now enter the name and father’s name of the buyer. Married individuals can also mention the name of their husband in this blank.
- After the identity, enter the address of the buyer as mentioned in the proof attached with the form.
- If your automobile was under a Hire-purchase or Lease or Hypothecation agreement, then mention the name of the Financier in the next blank of this section.
- The original owner of the four-wheeler should also handover the Registration Certificate and Insurance Certificate to the buyer at the time of selling the vehicle. The applicant must also declare that his motor is free from all encumbrances, and every information mentioned in this form is correct to the best of his knowledge.
- In the concluding part of the first section, the original registered owner affixes his signature or thumb impression along with the date of form submission.
- The Financier also affixes his signature and date as a mark of consent to the transfer of ownership.
- Now write the name of the Registering Authority in whose jurisdiction the applicant resides to send an acknowledgement of this document through registered post.
- The Registering Authority validates this application by entering the reference number, date, and name of the RTO office. They also declare that the ownership of the automobile got transferred to the buyer.
- At the concluding part of the form, the representative of the Registering Authority affixes his signature, official seal and the date. Finally, the name of transferor gets mentioned as the RTO sends an acknowledgement through Registered post.
Documents to be Attached
- Identity and address proof of the transferee
- Identity and address proof of the buyer
- Original Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Insurance Copy
- Pencil print of the Engine Chassis
Download Application for Transfer of Ownership of a Vehicle
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 29
Do not get confused between the term ‘transferor’ and ‘transferee’. The former is the original owner of the vehicle, while the latter is the recipient of the automobile after the sale.
- Transfer of ownership of motor vehicles like Tata Ace requires the pencil print of the Engine Chassis, while battery-operated automobiles need the engine number at the time of submission of Form 29.
- You need to fill two copies of form 29 for the transfer the ownership of your motor.
Finally, we can say that RTO Form 29 is crucial during the sale of a motor vehicle. It aids in changing the ownership from the original registered owner to the buyer. The document also confirms that the applicant has submitted the Registration Certificate and Insurance Copy to the buyer at the time selling the vehicle.