RTO Form 28: Application for Grant of No Objection Certificate
Applicants fill up RTO form 28 when they require a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the registering Authority. It helps in establishing that the automobile does not have any legal liabilities which can prevent its sale. The RTO also takes into consideration that there are no pending taxes, challans, or FIRs against the four-wheeler. If you wish to sell your vehicle, then you require three copies of RTO Form 28. The Registering Authority sends these copies along with the endorsement to the lawful owner, Financier, and the next Registering Authority through registered post with acknowledgement due condition.
How to fill RTO Form 28 Application?
Similar to all other RTO forms concerning Registration of vehicles, Form 28 also has three sections. The first section remains concerned with the personal details and statistics about the automobile, the second section is consent from Financiers (if the motor vehicle is under a Hire-purchase or Lease or Hypothecation agreement), and the third section is an official endorsement of the NOC. Detailed below is a step by step process of filling up Form 28.
In the top left-hand of the RTO Form 28, mention RTO address from where you want the NOC. In the next blank space, enter the name of the Registering Authority where you wish to transfer your vehicle.
- Write the name, address, and state of individuals who wish to buy your automobile in the next space. After this, candidates fill-in their personal details.
- Enter your name, address and father’s name in point 1 and 2. Married women can also mention their husbands’ names in this space.
- In point 3 and 4, enter the registration number and class of the vehicle. If you are not the original owner of the automobile, then mention the Registering Authority who has initially registered the motor vehicle.
- In the cases of Battery Operated Vehicles, enter the engine number or motor number in point 6. In the next space, write the chassis number and also affix its pencil.
- In point 8, mention the period of stay in the state from where you are seeking the NOC. You must also declare the period for which you have paid the motor vehicle tax in point 9. If there is any pending tax at the time of form submission, then mention it in the next space.
- If your automobile got involved in any theft cases, then declare that in point 11 along with details. Do not forget to mention about pending actions (if any) under section 53, 54 or 55 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, at point 12.
- Commercial vehicles involved in the transportation of prohibited goods should mention the same in point 13. Motor vehicles under a Hire-Purchase or Lease or Hypothecation agreement should fill up point 14. Write the full name and address of the Financier in this space.
- Below these details, affix your signature or thumb impression along with the date of submission of the form.
- In the next section, Financiers state clearly whether they consent or refuse the issuing of the NOC under section 48(3) of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. In case of refusal, the Financier must also state the reason behind it precisely.
- The concluding part of Form 28 consists of the official endorsement where the Registering Authority validates or refuse the NOC by affixing the date, signature, and address of the representative. He also states the reasons for the refusal of the NOC. Finally, the official enters the name of the Registered Owner, Financier, and Registering Authority for sending the document through Registered Post with acknowledgement due condition.
Documents to be Attached
- Name and address proof of the Registered Owner
- Name and address proof of the buyer
- Original Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Pencil print of the Engine Chassis
- Pollution Control Certificate
- Road Tax Certificate
Download Application for Grant of ‘No Objection Certificate’
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 28
If there are any pending taxes, challans, or FIRs against your automobile, then do not forget to mention about the same in RTO form 28.
- Enter if your commercial vehicle like Mahindra Bolero Pik-Up or Isuzu D-Max transported any prohibited goods.
- NOC for motor vehicles requires the pencil print of the Engine Chassis, while battery-operated automobiles need the engine number.
- You require three copies of RTO Form 28 for obtaining a NOC for selling your vehicle.
Finally, it will be right to say that RTO Form 28 helps in establishing that your automobile is not involved in any liabilities which can prevent its sale. It also proves that there are no pending taxes, challans, or FIRs against your vehicle.