RTO Form 27: Application for Assignment of New Registration Mark to a Motor Vehicle
If you wish to transfer your automobile from one state to another, then you need to re-register your vehicle in the new state. It helps in establishing ownership between the owner and the motor-vehicle at the relocated site. One of the convenient modes of re-registration is through filling up of RTO Form 27. However, you require a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Regional Transport Office (RTO) of the original state to initiate the process. It proves that there are no pending fines or your automobile was not involved in any accident or legal liabilities.
How to fill RTO Form 27 Application?
RTO Form 27 consists of three parts; enter your personal information in the first part, the second part is consent from the Financier, while the third part remains concerned with an official endorsement. Detailed below is a step by step process of filling up Form 27.
In the top left-hand of the RTO Form 27, mention the address of the RTO where you wish to re-register your vehicle.
- In the next black space, write your name and strike off ‘we’ in the salutation. If the automobile has joint owners, then strike off ‘I’ and enter the names of both owners. After this, write your father’s name. Married women owners can also mention their husbands’ names in this section.
- Enter the vehicle number and the chassis number in the next blank spaces. If you own a battery-operated automobile, then you can also mention the engine number or the motor number.
- Now, write the type of vehicle and the State where you initially registered the four-wheeler.
- After this, automobile owners mention the date and month when they transferred the vehicle to the new state. They also enter the validity of the original registration and declare that the authority has not suspended or cancelled the document in the previous state.
- In the next blank space, mention whether or not your automobile is under a Hire-purchase or Lease or Hypothecation agreement. If your vehicle is under such contract, then declare whether your Financier has granted or refused NOC about the re-registration. In the case of ‘NOC refusal,’ the applicant should enclose a declaration as required under subsection (8) of section 51.
- Now affix your signature or thumb impression along with the date of submission of the form.
- The next part of Form 27 includes consent from the Financier about the grant or refusal of the NOC. Here they mention in clear terms their view about the assignment of the new Registration Mark. In case of denial of the NOC, the Financier enters the reason behind it. The Financier also affixes their signature and date below the consent.
- Below the consent, you get an official endorsement for form 27. It includes the reference number, address, vehicle number, and the new registration mark along with the date and signature of the registering authority. You also find the name of the Financier and the registering authority at the concluding part of form 27. The RTO sends it to the Financier through Registered Post with acknowledgement due condition.
Documents to be Attached
- Original Registration Certificate
- Identity and address proof of the automobile owner
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Registering Authority
- Print of engine chassis number
- Certificate of fitness of the automobile
- PAN card of the registered owner or Form 60 and Form 61.
- Print of engine chassis and engine pencil
- An affidavit stating the loss of the original registration certificate.
Download Application for Assignment of New Registration Mark to a Motor Vehicle
Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 27
Applicants require a ‘No-Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from the RTO of the previous state during the submission of form 27.
- If vehicles like Tata Prima is under a Hire-purchase or Lease or Hypothecation agreement, then you must fill-up the form in duplicate.
- When the Original Registering Authority is different, then candidates process triplication of the application.
- In cases mentioned above, the RTO send the duplicate and triplicate copies to the Financier and Registering Authority through Registered Post with acknowledgement due condition.
Finally, we would like to say that, if you need to relocate your vehicle from one state to another, then there is nothing to worry. Submit RTO form 27 at the office of the Registering Authority at the new state to get a new Registration mark.