RTO Form 26: Application for the Issue of Duplicate Certificate Of Registration

If you accidentally tear, soil, misplace or loss the original Registration Certificate of your motor vehicle, then you can use RTO form 26 for issuing a duplicate document. However, it is essential to report the incident to the nearest police station (where the loss or damage took place). Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 also authorises automobile owners to make all pending payments associated with the vehicle before applying for form 26. You require duplication of this application if your automobile is under a hire-purchase agreement, or subject to hypothecation, or under a lease agreement. Additionally, if the Original Registering Authority is different, then triplication of the form becomes necessary.

How to fill RTO Form 26 Application?

RTO form 26 has three parts; the first part remains concerned with the reasons for the loss of the original registration certificate, the second part is a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Financier about the issuing of a duplicate certificate and third part include Office Endorsement.

Documents to be Attached

Download Application for the Renewal of the Driving Licence

Download Now

Key Factors to be considered while filling Form 26



Finally, we can say that if your original vehicle Registration Certificate gets accidentally torn, misplaced, lost, soiled, or mutilated then you can apply for a duplicate document by filling up RTO form 26. However, file an FIR at the nearest police station (where the incident took place) and pay all pending payments before submission of the form.