Truck Tips Buying Guide Quick Read

Selling a truck? These are the documentation needed

Selling second hand trucks is not pleasant at all. It requires plenty of paperwork and documentation that makes one not want to think of selling any automobile ever again. But then, selling a product would bring profit to the seller. Thus, it is rather advisable to know the documents one needs for the process beforehand to make the sell a smooth one. This is where people get confused. From where does one know the required documentation? That is the reason, this article contains all the answers to that question. Read on and make your selling process less painful.

To sell a truck, you might need quite a few documents, out of which a few are your individual documents, a few RTO documents and a few of the truck’s documents.

Concerning your individual documents, you will need a self-attested copy of your PAN card, a self-attested copy of any of your address proof (Voter’s ID, Driving License, Adhar Card, etcetera), and 2 copies of your passport sized photographs.

Moving on to the RTO documents, you will need 3 copies of the form 28 with chassis imprint, two copies of the form 29, two copies of the form 30, one copy of form 35 with bank stamp, one copy of the NOC, one copy of the sale affidavit, and one copy of the clearance certificate.

Coming to the car documents, you would definitely require the RC, PUC and insurance without an exemption, while you might need the Invoice of the truck in case there is a mismatch in the RC details and the application for insurance transfer only in case the insurance of the truck is to be transferred to the buyer.

Many documents mentioned might be new to commoners. Here is a brief note on all the documents required with the links to download them if they can be downloaded:


  • PAN Card: 


In case you never got your PAN card made, you may as well give the buyer the FORM 60 [Form of Declaration to be filled by a person who does not have either a permanent Account number or General Index Register Number and who makes payment in cash In respect of transaction specified in clauses (a) to (h) of rule 114 B].


  • Address proof:


Might be any one among the documents authorised by the Government of India like your Aadhar card, Voter’s ID, Driving License, Passport, Ration Card, etcetera.


  • Form 28: 


Application for Grant of No Objection Certificate


  • Form 29: 


Application for Transfer of Ownership of a Vehicle


  • Form 30:


Report of Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle


  • Form 35: 


Application for Termination of an Agreement of Hire-Purchase or Lease or Hypothecation


  • RC: 


Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC) or Registration Certificate (RC) is a document providing proof of registration with the Regional Transport Office (RTO) authorities. It contains the necessary information related to the owner of the vehicle and technical details about the vehicle.


  • PUC: 


Pollution Under Control certificate is important as it certifies that the emissions of toxic chemicals from your vehicle are under control. It is given on the basis of smoke and emission tests for petrol, diesel and CNG vehicles. The battery operated vehicles are exempted from this test. You may get your PUC test done at any authorized testing center or at the authorized petrol pumps at very minimal costs ranging around INR 60 to 100.


  • Invoice of the truck: 


It is the invoice that is handed over by the outlet/ car dealership from whom you bought your car. It is mandatory if there is any mismatch in the RC details with the actual vehicle details.


  • Application for insurance transfer:


Written application to the Insurance company to transfer the insurance policy to the buyer of the car.

To know all about commercial vehicles, visit BabaTrucks!